– We are almost half way of the Holy Month. One of the most important lesson and principle we need to learn for this Ramadhan is the value of patience.
– In our Faith, we are taught that there are 4 Levels of patience:
1. Patience with ibada (worship).
2. Patience with avoiding sins.
3. Patience with tribulations and we show this by being content with the decree of Allah.
4. Patience with blessings, we show this by thanking Allah for all the blessings He has given us.
When things get really bad, know that things will get better.
– Shayk Hamza Yusuf said in one of his lectures in 2011 that, “
The Sahaba (companions) of the Prophet sallaAllahu ‘alayhi wasalam used to say that when they were in trepidation, they knew bad/hard things will be coming their way, and when bad things happened, they knew that good things will be coming their way.
If someone commits to the practice of surrendering and sabr (patience), over time the tribulations become easy and they no longer feel the tribulation.
‘We will test you until we see who is patient’- to see what you are made out of. The struggle and patience go together. The best attitude to have is patience.
Patience takes time and effort. Over time you can acquire this natural state.”
– After the SONA yesterday, I do hope we can learn to practice Sabr. We need this. We need to be patient as one people doing our best to make our country a better place for our children…